Integrating your website with PayLane means taking one of two main ways that differ both in customers’ experience and implementation:
“One method to rule them all”
Check out our code examples – we already did some work for you! In fact, to process a payment you will actually need only one method (
multisale) – it automatically recognizes the merchant account, payment method etc. You just send requests!
Check our documentation to learn more.
Payment processing flow steps
Below we present the general and simplified request flow for payment processing. This gives the idea of the whole process, but please check also such flows for API and Secure Form to learn about the most significant differences.
- A customer request a checkout and initiates the payment.
- The merchant sends the collected information to PayLane and requests a payment to be processed.
- PayLane’s systems communicate with appropriate institutions (depending on the payment method, e.g. banks, card associations, acquirers, issuers etc.) in order to process the payment.
- After processing the payment, its status is returned to PayLane systems.
- Information about the payment is passed to the merchant’s website.
- The customer is informed about the transaction status.
E-commerce platform or a tailor made solution?
If you happen to use (or planning to) any eCommerce platforms or shopping carts, our plugins and extensions to those systems should interest you. They allow to connect such eCommerce applications with PayLane systems.
We also have a few business model descriptions that you may find useful or inspiring for your business. Take a look, especially if you’re creating your own product/service/solution.